We all have that friend or family member who, when you ask about a specialist, they say “Oh, I’ve got a guy!” Whether it’s a plumber, painter, CPA, or financial advisor, everyone seems to “have a guy”. When meeting with a plumber, he’s there to fix your pipes. When meeting with a painter, he’s there to paint the walls. When meeting with a CPA, he’s there to do your taxes. However, when meeting with a financial advisor, he holds the fate of your entire financial future in his hands. Therefore, wouldn’t you agree that finding the right financial advisor is one of the most important decisions you will make?
So, how do you know who’s the “guy” (or gal) for you?
Someone tells you he/she has a “guy” and that you should meet with them. Ask some questions to yourself and to them:
- Who is this person and how are we acquainted?
- What kind of lifestyle does this person have? Is it similar to mine?
- How did they meet the advisor?
- What did the advisor specifically do for their finances?
- Would they trust the advisor with their parents’/family’s financial future?
- How much did the advisor charge?
After asking these questions, I’m sure you will have a better idea if you should trust the referral source.
Journey offers financial advice with a holistic approach, we want to help you in your Journey through life. We strive to have long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients.
Are you ready to start your financial Journey?